Class Is In Session.
It has been a confusing year of lockdowns, virtual and in-person schooling, but you’ve made it! Whether it’s a question on how to navigate socially distant playdates, or creating a dedicated playroom, we have some tips on how to start off the new school year with a bang!
Prepping for In-Person Schooling
Get Back to a Routine: Make sure to start helping your little ones go to bed earlier so they can get used to waking up earlier in the mornings.
- Reduce Screen Time: A great way to help your child fall asleep is by removing electronics from the bedroom and reducing the amount of time being spent on electronic devices. A good rule of thumb is 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime, but the tech away and prep for bed.
- Let Them Lead: Get your child involved in the routine by encouraging them to choose their outfits or help make their favourite lunches! Get them excited to head back to school.
Safety Measures for Organizing Play Dates on the Ofie Mat
Be Prepared: Make sure to follow your local safety guidelines (6ft apart is ideal, which is also the length of the Ofie Mat!). Bring sanitizer and wear your mask.
Explore The Great Outdoors: There are so many activities you can do outside! Create an outdoor movie theatre in your backyard, or go on a socially distant walk together. The possibilities are endless and your children will love interacting with their friends.
- Respect Each Other’s Choices: Some families may not feel safe enough for their children to go on playdates yet and that is totally fine.
Designing the Perfect Playroom
Pick a Theme: Do you want a zen-like atmosphere, or more of a modern minimalism look? Bold? Daring? Whatever the mood, add toys and furniture that compliment your theme.
- Add Some Colour: Don’t be afraid of colour! You can still create a cohesive look and have a bit of fun. Check out the Swan + Eze Ofie Mat to see how we combined fun and flair!
- Make It Cosy: A playroom needs to be a safe space for your child to explore and play! Some pieces to add include: Wiwiurka Toys’ Climbing Foldable Triangle, our Ofie Mat, and Little Big Playroom’s ball pit!